Game World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Galore

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's so great about them?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chewbacca-Loca
Co-Admistrator
Co-Admistrator
Chewbacca-Loca

Male
Number of posts : 76
What's so great about them? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What's so great about them? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-26

What's so great about them? Empty
PostSubject: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 2:49 pm

I'd just like to know why people love Macs so much. In my experience with them, they have been unresponsive and annoying, but lots of people like them.

So someone please explain: Why are Macs better than PCs?
Back to top Go down
aslask
super moderator
super moderator

Number of posts : 55
What's so great about them? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What's so great about them? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 4:38 am

This list is REALLY endless... But it:

1: No virus
2: No cables necessary
3: Way cleaner
4: Easier
5: All types of sotfware follows
6: Boosts ram
7: Many many times quicker
8: The guarantee covers EVERYTHING
9: It's a mac!
Back to top Go down
Chewbacca-Loca
Co-Admistrator
Co-Admistrator
Chewbacca-Loca

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:33 pm

I think I can disagree with these two:

4: Easier
7: Many many times quicker

And I'm not sure what this one means:

5: All types of sotfware follows
Back to top Go down
aslask
super moderator
super moderator

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 8:30 am

About the easiness: That depends if you're new to computers or not. If you are- it's easier.

Quicker: It is, because MacOS boosts RAM, and Windows sucks half of it and limits to 2,8 GB.

And all types of software: Apple's graphics program for example. Just as good as photoshop. And the text programs owns word.

See?
Back to top Go down
Chewbacca-Loca
Co-Admistrator
Co-Admistrator
Chewbacca-Loca

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 11:26 am

I thought Macs had Word anyway? The ones I used did. They were also appallingly slow.

Easier: Yeah, if you're new to computers. If you're not, like me, then it's too dumbed down and stubborn.
Back to top Go down
aslask
super moderator
super moderator

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:04 am

Not Word, but some sort of "iWrite" . That was an example, not a direct name.
Back to top Go down
Chewbacca-Loca
Co-Admistrator
Co-Admistrator
Chewbacca-Loca

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Ah, okay. Maybe my old school just wanted Word instead, for some reason Razz
Back to top Go down
aslask
super moderator
super moderator

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 7:20 am

Probably because they didn't know how to save in other formats to mail to other people No

Anyways: YOU HAD MACS? What type?
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Administrator
Administrator
gamer4life

Male
Number of posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 4:31 pm

i like the macs they intorduced me to the laptop world but now that i got a dell the macs iare to basic for me but i can say this after having a dell for three years so...
Back to top Go down
https://lifefun-gwf.forumotion.com
Chewbacca-Loca
Co-Admistrator
Co-Admistrator
Chewbacca-Loca

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 6:39 pm

aslask wrote:
Probably because they didn't know how to save in other formats to mail to other people No

Yeah, I guess that's right.

Quote :
Anyways: YOU HAD MACS? What type?

Uh, I don't remember what type. iMac's, I think they were called.
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Administrator
Administrator
gamer4life

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 6:52 pm

oh i remember them the g3 i think. we called them i books
Back to top Go down
Chewbacca-Loca
Co-Admistrator
Co-Admistrator
Chewbacca-Loca

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 6:59 pm

No, the macbook is a laptop, right? These are the ones we used:

What's so great about them? Apple%20iMac%2024%20Inch%20500GB%20Desktop%20Computer%20with%202.33GHz%20Intel%20Core%202%20Duo%20and%202GB%20of%20RAM%20-%20256MB%20Graphics%20Card
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Administrator
Administrator
gamer4life

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 7:19 pm

ouch but that is cool

have you seen the mac book air?
Back to top Go down
Chewbacca-Loca
Co-Admistrator
Co-Admistrator
Chewbacca-Loca

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 7:37 pm

Yeah. Not nearly worth the cost Razz
Back to top Go down
aslask
super moderator
super moderator

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:54 am

The slimmest laptop ever Wink
Anyways- What's not worthy with it? It's perfect!
Back to top Go down
Chewbacca-Loca
Co-Admistrator
Co-Admistrator
Chewbacca-Loca

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 12:46 pm

The Macbook Air? It's so expensive! That's what's wrong with it!
Back to top Go down
aslask
super moderator
super moderator

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:18 pm

Alright. Can you find another downside?
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Administrator
Administrator
gamer4life

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 5:45 pm

um like i said before i am way to use to the dell to switch back but i am sure it is sweet
Back to top Go down
Matt Holt

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:13 am

My problem with the macbook air is the lack of input ports. Everything I've heard says there is 1 USB and the power input. Sure I could get a USB hub, but why bother when I have at least 6 USB inputs on my PC. Also, it makes it unusable for internet if I am in an area without wireless. I've been deployed to places where the only internet I can use is through CAT-5 cable, and wireless will get you into serious trouble.
Back to top Go down
Chewbacca-Loca
Co-Admistrator
Co-Admistrator
Chewbacca-Loca

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:35 pm

aslask wrote:
Alright. Can you find another downside?

I don't need another one. Aren't they something like $1000? That's WAY too much for a laptop. My uncle has a perfectly good one that he got for $400.
Back to top Go down
aslask
super moderator
super moderator

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:04 pm

$1000 isn't really much. How many kroner is one dollar?
Back to top Go down
Chewbacca-Loca
Co-Admistrator
Co-Admistrator
Chewbacca-Loca

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 10:23 am

According to this calculator, $1000 is 5,110.2 Norweigan Kroner.

And yeah, $1000 is a lot.
Back to top Go down
aslask
super moderator
super moderator

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:19 am

5,110.2 Kroner is hardly anything really. Around here normal people make 500 000 Kroner a year of working. So... Norwegians have more money ^-^
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Administrator
Administrator
gamer4life

Male

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 12:14 pm

wow lucky it like hey you get 100 kroner for doing nothing lol j/k
Back to top Go down
aslask
super moderator
super moderator

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 1:45 pm

Far from it. It's just that the country Norway got awfully much money, but not many people. And did you know that it's Norwegians that have most money per person in the world? In average, that is. Not bad... Most jobs give lotsa' money here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's so great about them?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Game World :: Computers/Desktops :: Macs-
Jump to: