Game World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Galore

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's so great about them?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chewbacca-Loca
Co-Admistrator
Co-Admistrator
Chewbacca-Loca

Male
Number of posts : 76
What's so great about them? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What's so great about them? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-26

What's so great about them? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:48 am

Jeez, your country holds some world records, doesn't it? Coldest place besides the poles, most money per person... All we have is fattest country and most nukes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aslask
super moderator
super moderator

Number of posts : 55
What's so great about them? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What's so great about them? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 9:23 am

Not coldest. That's russia. Just this town I live in is coldest in Norway. And yeah- Oslo is the worlld's most expensive city... And many more.
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Administrator
Administrator
gamer4life

Male
Number of posts : 85

Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 6:45 pm

lol this topic is the first hot topic on this site. the u.s use to hold many records untill we messed up and lost them
Back to top Go down
https://lifefun-gwf.forumotion.com
spencer135
beginner
beginner
spencer135

Male
Number of posts : 14

Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: counter   What's so great about them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:27 pm

aslask wrote:
This list is REALLY endless... But it:

1: No virus
2: No cables necessary
3: Way cleaner
4: Easier
5: All types of sotfware follows
6: Boosts ram
7: Many many times quicker
8: The guarantee covers EVERYTHING
9: It's a mac!

1: Just get linux, no viruses on that either.
2: That's a good point
3: Not sure what you mean by that...PC's arn't clean?
4: If by easier you mean more user-friendly for the common user, then yes. However, I don't like them because there very restricted, especially for software engineers who need the flexibility of a PC.
5: Not exactly, many programs don't work on macs, includeing Half-life 2, and if you mean that programs like Word have equivalents on macs, then that's true, but so does PC's with open office.
6: Pc's can have better RAM, it just depends on the hardware. In fact, every PC has the capability to have twice as much RAM as a mac, but to get more RAM on a mac you need to buy a new one.
7: Not exactly, see 6.
8: I don't know much about the warranty, but I would hope apple covers everything, considering it's nearly impossible to do your own repair with mac's closed circuits.
9: It's a PC!
Back to top Go down
https://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x284/Spencer135/
aslask
super moderator
super moderator

Number of posts : 55

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:59 pm

1: Just get linux, no viruses on that either.
If you download Linux, your PC would run slower, as it doesn't handle as much RAM as the two other major OS's
2: That's a good point
Uhhmmm... Yeah
3: Not sure what you mean by that...PC's arn't clean?
Inside the cabinet, the cards and discs are sorted really much cleaner.
4:
If by easier you mean more user-friendly for the common user, then yes.
However, I don't like them because there very restricted, especially
for software engineers who need the flexibility of a PC.
As you say: It depends from person to person
5: Not
exactly, many programs don't work on macs, includeing Half-life 2, and
if you mean that programs like Word have equivalents on macs, then
that's true, but so does PC's with open office.
For example GFX programs that are equal to photoshop follows with the Mac, and you get HDDVD compability for iTunes
6: Pc's can have
better RAM, it just depends on the hardware. In fact, every PC has the
capability to have twice as much RAM as a mac, but to get more RAM on a
mac you need to buy a new one.
No. Windows XP is restricted to 3,8GB RAM. Windows Vista (Which is a... Terrible OS) can have 8GB RAM, while a Mac Pro with Mac OS can have 16GB. Also- Mac's OS's boosts the RAM, while Windows takes RAM
7: Not exactly, see 6.
Ditto
8: I don't
know much about the warranty, but I would hope apple covers everything,
considering it's nearly impossible to do your own repair with mac's
closed circuits.
The warranty covers everything, but it is hard to reach conclusions with Apple, I'll give you that.
9: It's a PC!
Well, it's not as stylish being another one on the IT cafe with PC as the guy in the corner with a satisfied look and a Mac in front of him.

I apoligise for any misspellings in this post, as dictionaries won't work with Free forums forums.
Back to top Go down
spencer135
beginner
beginner
spencer135

Male
Number of posts : 14

Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:57 pm

aslask wrote:

6: Pc's can have better RAM, it just depends on the hardware. In fact, every PC has the capability to have twice as much RAM as a mac, but to get more RAM on a mac you need to buy a new one.
No. Windows XP is restricted to 3,8GB RAM. Windows Vista (Which is a... Terrible OS) can have 8GB RAM, while a Mac Pro with Mac OS can have 16GB. Also- Mac's OS's boosts the RAM, while Windows takes RAM

Vista isn't too bad, it just started with a lot of problems. Now that the service pack is out it should be fine. Anyway, you're wrong about this part, windows has a 64-bit Edition of vista that can handle 16GM, just useing home premium. If you have the ultimate, it handles 128 GB of RAM.

128 GB system

Window's 64-bit Edition
Back to top Go down
https://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x284/Spencer135/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about them?   What's so great about them? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's so great about them?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Game World :: Computers/Desktops :: Macs-
Jump to: